Date(s) - July 21, 2015
10:30 am - 12:15 pm
Athens, Ohio has been designated as a Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists and Ohio University recently completed some major renovations of their portion of the Hockhocking Adena Bikeway.
We would like to invite you to join us as we celebrate these accomplishments and look to the future of active, healthy and sustainable transportation in the City of Athens, Ohio.
Details of this celebratory event are below.
Athens Bicycle Celebration
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 – 10:30am-12pm
Schedule of Events:
10:30am-11am: A short ceremony will be led by Mayor Paul Wiehl and OHIO President Roderick McDavis. Mayor Wiehl will unveil the Bicycle Friendly Community designation sign and President McDavis will lead a ribbon cutting of the repaired bikeway. This ceremony will take place along the bikeway near Peden Stadium.
11am-12pm: Participants are invited to join in on a bike ride along the Hockhocking Adena Bikeway to the East State Street Shelter where a small reception will be held.
– At the East State Street Shelter, our event sponsors will be present with bicycling information and give-aways! Athens City-County Health Department will have reusable water bottles and OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital will be giving away children’s bicycle helmets and vouchers for free concussion screenings.
– Reception rain location: Athens Community Center Lobby.
– Participants are welcome to elect to attend one or both portions of this event.
– Parking for the ceremony will be available at Peden Stadium, Lot 132. If you require parking at this location, please RSVP to email@example.com to ensure a space is reserved for you. Parking spaces are limited.
– This event is free and open to the public.
– The event poster is attached. Please feel welcome to share via email or post publicly for others to see.
– Participants are invited to RSVP via facebook