Date(s) - February 14, 2019
In celebration of Ohio Loves Transit Day the City of Athens is excited to announce that Athens Public Transit will be free for everyone all day on Thursday, February 14th.
Whether you are planning on going to a romantic dinner uptown or traveling to another destination in the service area, Athens Public Transit will be free all day for all community members! Riding Athens Public Transit uptown, to East State Street, around the East & West sides and to The Plains and Chauncey is fun and easy. Grab a friend, neighbor or your family and take a ride for FREE to the Athens Community Center, the Athena Grand, or bring your bike and hop on the Hockhocking Adena bikeway. If you are an Ohio University student, faculty or staff member or if you are under the age of 10 and accompanied by an adult, you can ride free every day of the year! If you have questions or need help learning how to ride, check out the helpful hints below:
- All line schedules and routes are on the APT website at http://www.athenstransit.org/full-map-and-schedule/.
- The Athens County Mobility Coordinator, Jessie Schmitzer, is available to help you or your organization plan your trips, read schedules or provide other travel training; contact her at 740-589-3790 or email@example.com.
- Vehicle location technology is available for you to see exactly where your bus is using your smart phone or your desktop computer. Check out the org/tracker for more details.
- Trip planning is available on the website org/trip-planner using origin and destination addresses to help you plan what route is best for your trip.
- All vehicles are ADA accessible and can transport bicycles.
- With expanded evening hours, routes through Athens, The Plains and Chauncey, and marked stop locations, riding Athens Public Transit has never been easier.
Athens Public Transit is a partnership of HAPCAP and the City of Athens, with major funding from the Federal Transit Administration and the Ohio Department of Transportation and coordination with Ohio University.