Date(s) - October 23, 2016
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join Susan G. Komen Columbus & Ohio University School of Nursing for the Athens Race for the Cure!
Susan G. Komen Columbus is collaborating with their Pink Gloves partner, the Ohio University School of Nursing, for the second annual Athens Race for the Cure on Sunday, October 23, 2016. The Athens Race is a 5K Run/Walk and Family Fun Walk through the beautiful campus at Ohio University.
Did You Know?
- Regional screen rates is lower in this area than the rest of the state and nation wide.
- Since 2000, Susan G. Komen Columbus’ total impact in southeastern Ohio has funded $5,965,280 in programs in this region.
- Komen Columbus has been supporting programs and saving lives even before the first Athens Race for the Cure.
The Athens Race for the Cure will support programs that address barriers specific to the southeastern Ohio region, including:
- Proximity to health facilities
- Lack or inadequate insurance; expense co-pays
This race is about more than registering. It’s about fundraising so that, when the race is over, their work can serve our community all year.
Register today to make a difference in our community.