Date(s) - May 27, 2016
5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Takin’ it to the Streets This Final Friday
Schedule for May 27th 2016 5:30-9:30 pm
On the Square-
- 7 to 8pm. Patty Mitchell & Robert Lockheed will amaze you were their exciting balloon creations. Look for them in a tent on the South side of the Square.
- 5:30 to 9:30 Drum Circle at the Fountain. Everyone bring a drum and join in the fun!
- Ugata will add to the drumming experience. Their mission is to enrich our culture while honoring our ancestors by living in unison with the forces of nature using universal rhythms for education and inspiration.
The Majestic Galleries: Opening Night: Black & White. This is an all member multi-media show.
Starbrick Cooperative Gallery: Opening Night: Switcheroo – Trading Places & Skills! Lana Wall & Rene Olson will trade talents and present work that they learn from the other. Each will teach the other their own skills: ceramics will be taught to Lana and wood turning will be taught to Rene. This show will be the result. Special Unveiling!!: Starbrick announces the opening of their newest addition-The Vintage Collectible Basement Collection. Starbrick will now be offering an expanded antiques & collectibles venue. Check it out!
Nelsonville Library: Opening Reception: Patterns in Space an exhibit by Allie Matson. She invites people to come collaborate with her. 6:00-7:30 pm. Final Friday for Kids: Drop in and join us for sidewalk chalk art and street games. 6:00-7:30 pm. Book Sale: all items just 30¢ each!
Stuart’s Opera House The Hitch-Hikers Reunion Show, 7:00pm. Come and join Nelsonville’s own The Hitch-Hikers for their 5/50 show. The guys are back for one more concert but what is up with the 5/50? Well, it’s been 5 years since the band got back together and played in 2011 for the first time in 45 years. The original band members were joined by Zach and Dusty for the kick-off concert. This year is the 50th class reunion for Jon, Mike and Terry who formed the band in 1965. So the numbers 5 and 50 are very special to all these guys. So get your dancin’ shoes on and join the fun. Doors open at 6:00 pm, show starts at 7:00. Hitch-Hikers say: “Be there or be square”!
Paper Circle: The Fabulous & Fun Mind of Shawn Kerns in paper.
Nelsonville Emporium Show your local pride and wear a new tank, tee or sweatshirt from the Nelsonville Emporium!
The Plaid Butterfly: is taking its soaps to the streets! I’m celebrating my last Final Friday (as a brick & mortar) on the Square. These last 6 1/2 years have surely been a blessing but the time has come to close my purple door. I am thankful for all my loyal soap fans and will still be soaping like a rockstar. Please continue buying my handmade soap online. plaidbutterfly.com You can also purchase via Facebook messenger , via text/ call 740-777-7793. Other stores that carry my soap, butters, fizzy bath bombs and lotions include The Other Place in Athens, Lake Hope State Park gift shop, Psalms 121 in Logan and Starbrick Gallery.
I’ll keep you in the loop when I “Take it to the Streets” and do shows and the flea market like Rock Bridge.
Thank you all so much and remember, “it’s not soap hoarding, it’s soap investing!”
Johanna Ansel /Soapmaker extraordinaire
Stuarts Gallery 1879: Continuing: Stag Song: The Art of Emily Beveridge – A selection of Athens artist Emily Beveridge’s artwork based on animal mythology.
The Mine: will be open & serving ice cold beer and Mine Burgers!
Windows in Time
- 31 W. Columbus St. featuring an imagined Nelsonville Brick Company office in 1910.
- 39 W. Columbus St. featuring an imagined Wilson Brothers Grocery Store of 1930.
- 41 W. Washington St. featuring a depiction of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol as a year-round invitation to visit Nelsonville during the Christmas season
Nelsonville's Historic Public Square