Date(s) - August 06, 2016
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Practice your skills during Athens Bicycle’s Mountain Bike Skills Clinic on Saturday, Aug. 6, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Lake Hope State Park. IMBA-certified mountain bike skills instructors Meredith Erlewine and Danny Twilley will lead MTB skills instruction and practice in the morning. We will break for lunch (please pack your own) at 12:30, practice a few more skills, then enjoy a group trail ride.
This clinic will be great for beginner mountain bikers or anyone who wants to refine fundamental skills or gain valuable feedback on riding form. We will cover body position, braking, shifting, turning, front wheel lifts, drops and more.
Instructors Meredith Erlewine and Danny Twilley have been certified by the International Mountain Bike Association as Level 2 instructors. Cost for the clinic is $30.
- Functional mountain bike, helmet and closed-toed shoes are required.
- Please bring your own lunch and ride snacks.
- Water will be available nearby, but please come prepared with a way to carry water for yourself during the trail ride.
- There are restroom and shower facilities nearby.
- We welcome participants ages 10 years and up with a registered parent in attendance, and will waive fees for one child with a paying adult.
- Cell phone service is spotty and not very dependable at Lake Hope State Park.
Location & Parking Information
We will meet and work in a grassy area near the end of the campground (camp site #125, a group site). Park near site #125.
Lake Hope State Park