Keep Athens Healthy, Visit with Love!
In Athens, we have worked hard to flatten the curve, and this effort continues as we reopen all the things we love about our community for locals and visitors. The health and safety of our residents, workers and visitors is our top priority! When visiting the region, please help us all stay healthy by considering a few requests:
- Bring health and safety supplies with you – hand sanitizer, masks and disinfectant wipes are important travel accessories to keep in your car, on your bike or in your backpack.
- Mask up when in public areas. Don’t worry, you can still have fun!
- Keep those hands washed and sanitized! We’re all doing it, so don’t be left out.
- Keep some space between you and others. 6 feet at least! Keep your groups to no more than 10 people.
- Please be patient. We’re so glad to see you and want to serve you in the best way possible, but we’re operating at a limited capacity. Make a reservation when appropriate, continue to use the take-out/delivery options, and wait patiently at a healthy distance when necessary.
- Call ahead and check business websites and Facebook pages for up-to-date information on hours and seating/capacity.
- If you or anyone in your party shows symptoms of the virus, please postpone your visit or return home. We’ll be here! Following the CDC guidelines for assessing and addressing symptoms is your best bet.
- If you see something that concerns you in a business, talk with the manager. Most businesses have a health plan in place, and all have focused on sanitation efforts to keep their staff and patrons healthy. Our businesses truly care about everyone’s health and safety.
- If you’re enjoying the great outdoors, leave the trail behind you clean and ready for the next person to enjoy. Maintain distance from others enjoying the trails, and as always be kind to Mother Nature.
- Give thanks, tell us you’re glad to see us, heck tell us you love us! Our businesses have worked so hard to reopen and provide the best experiences possible for locals and visitors. A kind word goes a long way these days. Share your best Athens County experiences online with #athensohio, #peaceloveathens, and #inthistogetherohio. You keep us going, and we’ll always be glad to see you.
Many local businesses have added great new experiences and services to address the changing needs in serving guests. Yes, change is hard, but the Athens creative spirit remains the driving force in all we do. Visit responsibly, keep Athens healthy, and we’ll keep on giving you the peace and love.
Questions before or during your visit to Athens County? Call the Athens County Convention and Visitors Bureau at 1.800.878.9767, email us at email@example.com, or message us on social media @visitathensohio.
For specific Ohio COVID-19 guidelines, please visit coronavirus.ohio.gov