Get your groove on…
……or just sit back and enjoy the show! From the bars of Uptown Athens to Stuart’s Opera House in Nelsonville, there’s always great entertainment just around the corner. Where else can you catch a blues, rock, punk or bluegrass band on the same night, often just steps away from each other?
Music and Athens are a match made in heaven and have been since the early 1960s when Ohio University’s student population boomed, creating a hotbed of musical activity that has remained vibrant ever since. Athens is known throughout Ohio and the region for its eclectic and lively music scene.
- Amesville Coonskin Saturdays - Alonzo Weed Harvest Festival - October 19, 2019 - All Day
- Oktoberfest - Little Fish - October 19, 2019 - 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Graham Nash Concert - October 19, 2019 - 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- 2019 Halloween in Athens - October 21, 2019 - October 31, 2019 - All Day
- Jersey Boys - October 21, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- Stand Up Comedian Marlon Wayans - Ohio University Performing Arts and Concert Series - October 24, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Honey for the Heart Ball - October 26, 2019 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame accompanied by Dennis James - November 03, 2019 - 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Thompson Square - Stuart's Opera House and Ohio University Performing Arts and Concert Series - November 03, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Harlem 100 - November 07, 2019 - 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- A Backstage Evening with Joan Shelley - November 07, 2019 - 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Justin Moore - Ohio University Concert Series - November 14, 2019 - 8:00 pm - 11:30 pm